Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Progress

Our kitchen is slowly taking shape and giving us hints of what it'll look like when all is said and done.

We are still fawning over our new granite counter and how pretty it is. Because we were able to convert our existing sink to an undermount sink with the addition of the granite counter, we quickly realized we needed a taller kitchen sink faucet. Eric and I peeked around online and found one that we liked. Part of this weekend was spent under our sink tightening this, attaching that, and making sure no leaks reared their ugly heads. We did hit a bit of a snag with a leak, but quickly mopped it up and got the problem solved (WHEW!).

Yesterday, we came home to our new subway tile on the south wall of the kitchen (between the granite and the cupboards). We also now have a windowsill!! Our old kitchen window was flush with the wall; I never realized how excited I'd be to have a windowsill!!

I don't know what's next for the kitchen, but I did hear something about making our cabinets plumb so there aren't gaps between them. That works for me!!


No comments: