Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Summer Sprinkler Fun

While driving home with Annika yesterday, I came up with the brilliant idea of asking if she wanted to run through the sprinker when we got home. "OF COURSE!" was her emphatic reply. As soon as we were in the house, she got into her swim suit and was ready to go. That is, until she decided she needed her sunglasses, which were still in the car and I didn't want to go get them. So, then she needed her goggles. Again, downstairs in her swim lesson bag and I didn't want to go downstairs to get them. Finally, she decided that she needed her "um-berrr-ella" so she didn't get wet. Umm.... yeah. Only our child would want an umbrella so she doesn't get wet while running through a sprinkler. Anywho! After getting the umbrella out of the closet, she then had to go potty .... back inside one more time. When she was FINALLY ready to get into the groove of running through the sprinkler, she didn't really want to. Instead, she tiptoed around the lawn (please ignore the fact it isnt' green ... I'll photoshop that in later!) and dipped her umbrella in the water. She did wind up jumping through the sprinker water once or twice, but decided it was too cold and abandonded ship when I told her that the spinkler doesn't have a warm water option.













Can I just say how much I ADORE this picture of her??
Annika's expression just melts my heart!


No comments: