Sunday, August 28, 2011

August Daring Bakers Challenge



The August Daring Bakers challenge was all about chocolate. As most of you know, I make chocolates on a regular basis, so unfortunately, this wasn't the challenge for me that past challenges have been. The one challenge I did run into was our hot kitchen and chocolate making aren't a great pairing. That said, I did wind up making a chocolate/peanut butter dipped bonbon (with pink streaks for a little visual zing) and s'more chocolate bark.

Annika had a great time helping me make the s'more bark. She got to break up the graham crackers and both kids helped place the mini marshmallows. The bark was ok, but definitely needed a little "oomph". I should have stuck with my original idea of incorporating marshmallow cream in with the chocolate instead of using the mini marshmallows on top; I think the flavors would have melded a bit better.

Here are my chocolate/peanut butter bonbons. They looked a little blah, so I added a splash of pink just to make 'em prettier.



S'more chocolate bark.




My little pastry chef in training



The August 2011 Daring Bakers' Challenge was hosted by Lisa of Parsley, Sage, Desserts and Line Drive and Mandy of What the Fruitcake?! These two sugar mavens challenged us to make sinfully delicious candies! This was a special challenge for the Daring Bakers because the good folks at http://www.chocoley.com/ offered an amazing prize for the winner of the most creative and delicious candy!

No comments: