Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Chocolate-covered Peeps

We have some very good family friends who own a candy store in Tacoma. Johnson's Candy was opened in the 1920s (I think) and is now run by the 3rd generation of Johnsons. Mrs. Johnson and my mom have been friends for as long as I can remember; just before Easter, Mrs. Johnson gave my mom some chocolate-covered Peeps for Annika and Conor. Saying the Peeps were a hit is an understatement... especially for Conor. Candy and chocolate is still a great novelty for our little guy. (Annika, on the other hand, sees chocolate is the fifth food group and as a requirement for sustaining life as we know it.)

Here is a pictoral record of Conor and his first-ever chocolate-covered Peep. (Fear not - I ripped it into tiny, tiny pieces so he couldn't choke.)

Checking out the goods.


Trying a bite


"OH WOW!!" That was so good, it deserves applause!


It also deserved some finger licking. Can't let any chocolatey Peepy goodness escape!






Let's do that again!!




Mmmmmmm!!!




You lookin' at me??




Signing "more" ... as in "Give me more Peeps and no one gets hurt"


No comments: