Thursday, January 8, 2009

Random Stuff

For the past two days, I've had celery sticks and peanut butter as my morning snack. (No, I am not in preschool.) Every once in a while, I realize how much I truly love peanut butter. The celery is simply a serving method for the peanut butter. I am picky about my peanut butter; do not attempt to feed chunky peanut butter to me. No, no, no. Peanut butter (in my humble opinion) is supposed to be smooooooooth. Yes, it sticks to your mouth, but isn't that part of its charm? It is the snack that keeps on giving.

Annika has become aware of The Wiggles. Before having a child. I found The Wiggles to be creepy. Now, I just see them as a bit hyper. Annika loves them! Their high energy levels and songs truly captivate her. The scary part is now Eric and I walk around singing their songs ... without even realizing it! "Hot potato, hot potato! Cold spaghetti, cold spaghetti! Mashed banana, mashed banana!" (to be accurate, it should read "baNAHna" to match the guys' Australian accents!)

Baby watch is officially under way. Two of my dearest friends are going to welcome babies into their families within the next month (or so). My best friend, Kate, is expecting a baby boy. He's due on the 25th of this month, but considering he's measuring really (I mean realllllly) long, I wouldn't be surprised if he arrives a bit earlier than expected. One of my college roommates, Rachel, recently announced that their family was picked by a birth mother in VA to adopt her baby girl, who is due in February. All our best to both families as you embark on a new adventure and journey. Keep us posted and we can't wait to meet your babies!

2 comments:

Jen Hagan said...

I don't know any Wiggles songs (although my two grandsons love them) but it's gotta be better than having Kip's wedding song from Napoleon Dynamite stuck in your head. Yeah, that's my plight--for the past FOUR days. Help me....

Our Family said...

I love peanut butter too!! And I share your feelings regarding chunky peanut butter - yuck! As far as the Wiggles, we've been able to avoid them as of yet, but Max loves music and dancing, and I am sure he would love them!