Friday, September 26, 2008

Cankle

Yes, I officially have a "cankle". For those of you who are unfamiliar with this term, a cankle is basically an ankle-less ankle, or a "calf ankle". It isn't pretty, but not unexpected due to the fact someone took a power tool to my foot earlier this week. I also have some beautiful (and wide-reaching) bruising going on, but for now, we'll just focus on the fact that my right outer ankle bone is currently not visible.


For those who may wonder while looking at the photos, my right foot does indeed have "yes" written on it. It is a global medical standard to indicate which limb surgery is to be performed on. The anesthesiologist marked the foot and the surgeon wrote his name on the same foot (this part tickled) confirming the correct foot was marked for surgery.





Without a point of comparison, the cankle might not seem overly evident. So, here you go!





No comments: