Thursday, November 10, 2011

Thoughts of the Day

As Thanksgiving approaches, I find myself getting into holiday mode, which is fast, frenzied, and so much fun. To slow down a bit and to gain perspective, today I"ve decided to share a list of some of the things I'm grateful for.

All too often, I think people (including yours truly) get caught up in thinking about the things we don't have instead of being grateful for the things we do have.

  • I am thankful for having been blessed with an amazing husband and two phenomenal children.
  • I am thankful that we have our health.
  • I am thankful that we have a roof over our head.
  • I am thankful that Eric and I are both employed.
  • I am thankful for the education that our children are receiving.
  • I am thankful for my amazing siblings and siblings-in-law.
  • I am thankful for the guidance from our parents and surrogate parents.
  • I am thankful for my friends, especially the ones who know me almost better than I know myself.
  • I am thankful for our pets and their unconditional love (which is heightened right after we feed them)
  • I am thankful for living in one of the most beautiful places on earth.
  • I am thankful that my husband humors me with all of my hobbies.
  • I am thankful that I've just about perfected my white cake recipe.
  • I am thankful for the chance to learn something new each and every day

No comments: