Thursday, March 11, 2010

How we show love

I find myself pondering the various ways we show love to those in our lives - a hug, a kiss, a thoughtful note, a phone call just to touch base, a gift, a wink, a smile (ok - now I have Harry Connick. Jr.'s song in my head!), a special meal just because, and on, and on, and on.

How have I most recently shown my family that I love them more than the air in my lungs and the blood in my veins? I made them banana bread. Yup, I whipped up a batch of stinky, makes me wanna gag banana bread for my husband and daughter. If that isn't love, I don't know what is!!

(For those of you who don't realize by this point, I truly do find bananas to be the worlds most nasty fruit!!)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I knew the depths of your love when my mom died and you made me banana muffins. They were delicious -- and flavored with a big cup of sacrifice and love.