Friday, March 12, 2010

Baby Update

I had a VERY full day at UWMC yesterday. The a.m.'s non-stress test (NST) went very well. The baby showed no heart decels (always a good thing) and showed off with his many, many, many flips and kicks. The nurse actually asked if he ever stops moving ... nope! I had an ultrasound early in the afternoon to get an estimate on the baby's weight/size. They estimate he currently weighs 5 pounds 12 ounces, which is 3 ounces more than Annika's birth weight. There is a margin of error when estimating weight with ultrasound, but it is nice to know he is growing based off of the last estimated weight! It was wonderful to see his sweet face; it look a lot of self restraint to keep from reaching out to touch his image on the ultrasound screen. The ultrasound was followed up with my weekly OB appointment. My doctor likes what she saw and said she expects I'll go into labor within the next 2 weeks. If I don't, she'll induce me at 39 weeks because while the baby is growing, he is slipping in terms of his size percentile. The big question remains.... when will this little guy decide to make his grand debut?

No comments: