Thursday, April 9, 2009

Dresses, Cookies, and Beer .... oh my!

With Easter right around the corner, it was time to break out my cookie cutters and get cracking on some tasty treats. I must say, I'm pretty darned pleased with how my sheep cookies turned out (no sheep were harmed in the making of these cookies!)




Our friends Dave and Nic gave Eric ingredients for a batch of beer for his birthday present. Dave and Eric spent the evening brewing up the beer about a week ago. It is done bubbling and now is in the "dry hopping" stage.... hence the green leaves floating on top of the beer. (I figured if my cookies deserved a spotlight, so does Eric's beer!)




I'm enrolled in a 4-week basic garment construction sewing class. Having gone to private/prep schools, home ec. wasn't ever offered, so I never really learned how to sew. I've had a sewing machine for years and faked my way through a few projects, but wanted to learn some true skills. Here's the dress I'm making for Little Miss Thing. (The zipper wasn't in during the fitting shown below, but it is in now... way to go, me!)



Annika recently discovered the joys of splashing in puddles. She went through three sets of clothes in one day because of her puddle splashing marathon. (Notice her jester hat that I made... isn't it a riot?)




Annika doing her best Jerry Lee Lewis impersonation.


No comments: