Friday, October 3, 2008

New Job!

It's official! I have accepted a job for a MS vendor in Bellevue. My official title is Information Designer ... that's a fancy way of saying "technical editor."

The idea of changing jobs after eight plus years with my current employer is a bit scary, but I'm ready for the next chapter in my career to begin. The people at the new company seem very nice and hard working. The commute isn't going to be pretty, but you do what you have to do!

For the past eight years, I've been a technical writer. While I know I am good at it, I also know it isn't my true passion. Given the opportunity, I'd much rather edit than write. (Go figured - that's why I started a freelance editing business!) This new job will grant me the opportunity to edit all day long. Woo hoo!

The best part? I'll start my new job on my 35th birthday. Happy birthday to me! (Hey, that makes remembering my start date very easy!)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congratulations! So happy for you. You deserve all good things.