Wednesday, May 7, 2008

9-months old

Annika turned 9 months yesterday. It is so hard to wrap my mind around the fact she's 3/4 of a year already. (Yes, I DO have her birthday cake design sketched out. Thanks for asking.) Unfortunately, a switch flipped when she hit 9 months. That switch controls her willingness to be out of my arms. For the past 2 days, she has ONLY wanted me and ONLY wanted to be held by me. Let's just say that this new development makes getting ready for work a bit of a challenge. Until yesterday, her Johnny-jump-up seat was the best thing in the world and Eric was just as good as me; not now. It'll be interesting to see how long this phase lasts.

Tonight, Annika has her 9-month well baby doctor appointment. I hope she put on some of the weight that she lost while fighting off her last cold. While giving her a bath last night, I noticed that she has a little bit of a round tummy, so I'm hopeful.

No comments: