Friday, September 27, 2013

Daring Bakers August Challenge

This month's Daring Bakers challenge was tres leche cake. YUMMMY!! I am a sucker for tres leches cake....unfortunately, I didn't follow the directions and the one I made for this challenge was dryer than a bone. When our friend Dulce showed me how to make tres leche cake a year or two ago, she did it differently than the recipe we were given for the challenge suggested. I thought I'd combine the best of both worlds by following the recipe (sort of) and Dulce's instructions (sort of). Bad combo. Did I mention how DRY this cake was?

Dryness aside, I think this cake has real potential and am going to try it again.

On an up note, I used some of the ingredients... real Mexican ingredients, that Dulce sent up from Mexico for me. BONUS!!!



 Inma of la Galletika was our Sept. 2013 Daring Bakers’ hostess and WOW did she bring us something decadent and delicious! Pastel de Tres Leches or Three Milk Cake, creamy yet airy, super moist but not soggy.. just plain delish!

No comments: