Monday, June 9, 2008

What a week!

Last week was rather chaotic for the Olson Trio and a bit of an emotional roller coaster.

Eric was frighteningly busy with work and some network issues that kept him hopping. Fortunately, the bald spots from him pulling his hair out will fill in soon enough.

While pulling into U. Village last week, I found a PRIME parking spot and realized karma was smiling on me. Later that night, I found out why. There was a certified letter with a cease and desist order in regards to my business' name. I thought this matter was resolved 2 1/2 years ago, but it reared its ugly head and I found out from my lawyer that it was a no-win battle for me. So, I shed a few tears, cursed the woman who was making such trouble for me, and then made the decision to move forward. I'm proud to announce that my editing business is in the process of changing names to The Savvy Editor. Ta-da!! We (we = Eric in this sense) still need to transfer the website over to the new URL (www.savvyeditor.com), which will hopefully happen in the very near future. I've secured updated city and state business licenses - yippee!

As for little Miss Annika, she's now waving and clapping like a pro. She was (once again) quite the source of entertainment at church and even got our priest laughing at one point. That's our girl! She had a play date with her friend Gage on Saturday while Eric and I went to a movie. Gage will be 2 in September and has lots to teach Annika; it's always good to have a mentor! :)

No comments: