Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Anna's Ear Warmer

Recently, my sister (hi, Suzanne!) showed me a picture of an ear warmer that she and my niece (hi, Anna!) saw in a boutique. Suzanne wondered how easy it would be to make something akin to what they saw in the boutique. I identified it as a crochet project (aka faster than a knit project) and popped onto the Internet to hunt for a similar project. I don't know if "hunt" is really a good verb, considering I found one almost immediately.

That said....

I found a pattern (actually, a tutorial), pulled out some yarn from my stash, a crochet hook, and got to work. This project flew together.... crochet + bulky yarn = easy to stick with my "finish what you start" theme for the year. BOOM! I added an Irish knot button as the finishing touch. Voila!

The beauty of this project is not only did I finish a project, but said project also helped me reduce my craft/sewing supplies stash. I had the yarn, crochet hook, and button all on hand. Decluttering + Finished Project = WIN across the board!

Doesn't it look cozy??

Me modeling Anna's ear warmer

"Ooh... what's this??? It's sooo warm!" 



No comments: