Monday, February 29, 2016

Literary Character Day at School

In honor of today being Dr. Seuss' birthday, the kids at school were allowed to dress up as a literary character (from any book, not limited to a Dr. Seuss book).

In an effort to come up with fairly last-minute costume ideas for the kids, we opted to go with Little Red Riding Hood and Charlie Brown.

Fortunately, Eric's mom knit a Red Riding Hood cape for Annika last year, and that was what was the inspiration for the costume today. I threw together the little red a-line dress (so glad I have a serger!), put her in a pair of red tights and voila!

Yesterday, Conor and I popped in to Joann Fabrics to pick up a yellow t-shirt and some black fabric paint. I had freezer paper at home, so quickly cut a strip of it into a zig-zag pattern, ironed it onto the shirt, and got to painting. I'm just grateful the paint dried in time!

I have to say, I think the kids looked mighty cute when I dropped them off at school this morning. Hoping they had a fun day!


No comments: