Monday, June 15, 2015

End-of-the-Year Teacher Appreciation Cookies

It is impossible to believe that another school year is in the record books!

In addition to participating in the school's teacher appreciation SCRIP program (brilliant!), I wanted to give the kids' teachers a token of our appreciation. That said, I didn't want to clutter up their houses/desks with more teacher "stuff" that they probably didn't need/want.

So, I opted to make cookies for the teachers. To make them more personal, I asked the kids to give me one-word descriptions of their teachers and then I used edible ink markers to write "My teachers are..." on some of the cookies. I also wrote some summer phrases "think sun", "enjoy the summer", etc. as well as plain ol' "Thank you" on the rest of the cookies. To top off the gifts, I had the kids write their names on a few cookies, which acted as the gift tags (in addition to the thank you notes I wrote on behalf of our family).

Channeling Aunt June ... the straw makes me more efficient while decorating cookies

Batch #1

Batch #2

Batch #3

All ready for Annika's extended care teachers: Mrs. Bandares and Mrs. Hellerman

All ready for Annika's 1st grade teachers: Mrs. Portolese and Mrs. Higgins

All ready for Conor's Caritas (pre-school) teachers
We delivered the cookies to the teachers on the kids' last day of school. They were a huge hit with the teachers and office staff (there was a plate of "Thank you" cookies for them). So glad this gift idea gave me the opportunity to walk around to the various teachers and thank them in person for all they've done for our kiddos. 

No comments: