Friday, April 30, 2010

Crumpets

Recently, I made a comment about wanting crumpets to Eric. He said that he wasn't sure if he'd ever had a crumpet. WHAT?? Really? Wow. OK, I had to fix that right away; being married to a crumpet virgin just wouldn't do. Of course, I decided that making my own crumpets would be a great new challenge. I turned to the Internet for recipe guidance and quickly found a crumpet recipe on the BBC's website (how perfect!). I whipped up a batch and found it to be a bit easier than expected, but the crumpets had a stronger yeast taste than I'm used to with the storebought crumpets I've enjoyed over the years. I'm not sure if that's the difference between homemade and purchased crumpets or due to the recipe. I'll hunt down another recipe for the sake of comparison and will keep you posted!

Assembling the ingredients


Batter after the 1-hour rising period


Cooking, cooking, cooking


The prettiest one

No comments: