Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Reel Irish Girls Dance

Yes, I do know that isn't the correct spelling of "real" ... I did that on purpose as a nod to Annika's Irish dancing.

One of the text updates from Bestefar included this little video snippet of Annika participating in an Irish dancing event, which is part of their Dublin stay. Posting it here so Annika can pop back now and then (if she wants to) to spark her memories of this amazing trip!



Before Annika left, I found myself re-reading the itinerary for their tour and when I saw the reference to the Irish dancing, a tear came to my eye. Not because we'd miss her (which we do, of course!), but because I got such a strong mental image of her dancing and smiling from ear to ear... in Ireland. It made my heart so happy to know she'd be dancing in the land this style originated ... with people who still live there and carry on the culture. My grandmother's parents were born in Ireland in the 1800s, and Annika being there seems to connect her to our family's past generations.

No comments: