Friday, May 24, 2019

Baby Shower and Bridal Cookies

There is something really special for me when I get to make cookies for a major life event. Cookies are great, but when they are for something like a milestone birthday, bridal shower, wedding, graduation, baby shower, etc., there's just an added "oompf" to them for me.

Last week, I made cookies for my co-worker's daughter's baby shower. I'm sure you can tell from the photos below, they are expecting a little girl. The really neat thing about this for me (because it is ALL about ME! Ha!!) is I also made her bridal shower cookies before she got married 2 years ago. 

The platter included cookies shaped like bibs, onesies, bottles, and baby carriages. This was the first time I used the carriage cookie cutter and I think it added a nice variety to the overall appeal of the final platter. 

From what I hear, the shower was a hit and everyone had a good time. 




As if cookies for one life event wasn't enough, Eric has four (yes FOUR) co-workers who are all going to be brides this summer. Holy wedding season, Batman!!! To celebrate the upcoming weddings, Eric's office had an after-hours happy hour to raise a glass to the brides-to-be. Because I was already making cookies, why not throw in a few bridal gowns in with the onesies and carriages??

The beauty of bridal gown cookies is there is typically no need to mix color into my royal icing! I did add some pink embellishments on a few of the dresses, simply because I already had the pink from the baby cookies. Talk about the stars lining up!! Eric divvied up the cookies (two per bride), put them in corsage bags, and tied each bag with ribbon. Edible and pretty. Win-win! :)  



 

No comments: