Thursday, June 6, 2019

2019 "Get Things Done" Update

In case anyone is interested in an update... I've recently completed one and a half projects! Look at me go!!!

Now, you may be wondering why on God's green earth am I listing a half of a project in this post... and (let's be honest) I can see why you might wonder that very thing. In some cases, a half project is also a complete project. (Is your mind completely melting yet?) SOCKS! I'm talking about socks!!!!

I finished one sock .... it's friend is now underway and will receive its honors when it is also complete. In the mean time, I want to celebrate my ONE sock.

I took a bit of a knitting detour and also made this cute-as-a-button baby hat. I absolutely adore making baby hats out of Fixation yarn and hadn't made one in quite awhile... probably because I've turned my attention to bigger hats for Annika and Conor ... and to socks! Unlike socks, I can make a baby-size Fixation hat fairly quickly. The hurdle I hit while making this hat was my bamboo circular needle snapped mid-decrease. Snapped clean off while I was riding the bus home from work. It was quite the knitting emergency! I salvaged the hat's progress with a hope and a prayer ... and some stitch markers.Not many people understand knitting can be so exciting! :D



Sadly, my favorite fabric store is closing. After 40-something years, they lost their lease and opted not to relocate. (RIP, Pacific Fabrics - Northgate!) I stopped by the store a few days ago just to go one more time before they lock the doors one final time. While it is counter productive to my "get projects done" theme, I did buy a few yards of fabric that will become skirts for Annika. I've just make my project pile a bit taller, but I just couldn't help myself! I do love good fabric and making things. It's my Achilles heel!

No comments: