Friday, January 11, 2019

Lest ye not forget

So, the kids and I visited my mom on Sunday and this was the first time she didn't recognize one of the kids.

Annika, Conor, my mom, and I were seated at a table waiting for lunch and my mom asked, "Where are the others?" I asked, "What others?" She said, "Sister. Conor, where is sister?" To which, Conor and I pointed to Annika and she raised her hand somewhat sheepishly. Oh dementia, you are a cruel beast.

(Fortunately, Annika was OK after this having a good understanding that Nana's brain isn't as healthy and her memory isn't what it used to be. In fact, Annika was more concerned about me and the fact that my mom would, one day, completely forget who I am. Awww! What a sweet girl we have!)

To protect himself from the same fate, Conor did this after we got back home:


Honestly, I think he deserves double points. It is effective AND funny! Conor for the win!

No comments: