Thursday, February 21, 2013

Introducing...Mud Boy!

Here in Seattle, it rains. Sometimes, it rains a lot. That doesn't stop us from living our lives. We don't huddle in the corners waiting for brief glimpses of the sun to have fun. Oh no! Quite the contrary, in fact. We embrace our wet environment and take it for what it is ... a never-ending resource for muddy puddles!!!

When I picked up Conor from day care yesterday, he and his friends were happily playing in a muddy puddle. Conor was armed with a shovel and bucket and he happily "tooped" water from the downspout's runoff into his bucket. As he forged ahead with his project, his friends decided jumping into the same puddle was loads of fun!! The kids took turns finding the highest point and then launching themselves into the several-inches deep puddle... cackling with glee the entire time. If I had my boots on, I probably would have joined them. :)

His yellow rain suit (Tuffo Muddy Buddy) is truly amazing!!! If you have little ones and rain in your life, I HIGHLY recommend them. Conor's layers under the suit were completely dry (aside from the parts poking out). Not only do they work well, they're quite durable; the suit shown below is a hand-me-down suit from Annika!

I couldn't help but snap a few pictures of Conor before peeling off his layers of clothing, dirt, water, and unidentified grime. Yes, I'm the cruel mother who wouldn't let her kid get into the van until I took a few pictures. Fortunately, Conor was having fun, so he didn't feel the need to call CPS. ;)

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Mud Boy!

This is what childhood in Seattle is all about


Mud ... head to toes

I asked Conor to show me his muddy face ... this is what I got
This is one of my new favorite pictures of Conor !

No comments: